Saturday, October 23, 2010

College Football: Week whatever...

Here we go again. There are several good games today. Let's go!

Top 25:
#6 LSU @ #4 Auburn
Interesting matchup of top 10 teams. LSU has won some ugly games with it's defense and Auburn has rolled teams with its offense powered by Cam Newton. I think Auburn wins this one handily at home. 41-24.

#1 OU @ #11 Mizzou
OU faces the biggest test remaining on it's schedule. Mizzou hasn't really been tested yet. I think this one is a toss up. OU has more talent and should win this one, 38-34.

A&M @ Kansas
A&M is in free fall right now. This is a must win game. That said,I think KU pulls this one out at home.

#22 KSU @ Baylor
This looks like a pretty good match up of solid teams. KSU is stronger running the ball at 15th in the nation, while Baylor is 13th in Passing offense. Both have average defenses. My gut tells me KSU will win this, but I'm going to pick Baylor in this one at home. This is a big opportunity for Griffin and the Bears team to become bowl eligible. Let's call it 30-24 Baylor.

#16 Nebraska @ #14 Okie State
This one will be interesting. I want to buy in to OSU and it's high powered offense. But I've seen that show before. Lot's of hype and then it fails to deliver against good conference opponents. Nebraska will bounce back big this week and steamroll OSU. 41-28.

Iowa State @ #19 Texas
It's Alumni Band Day at Texas- shout out to all my peeps what were there practicing at 4:30am today. I woke up at 7:30 and made some Kerbey Lane Apple Whole Wheat pancakes and pepper bacon. But I miss you guys. I digress, back to football. Texas really had a great showing last week and continued it's dominance against the run. ISU got rolled by the sooners last week. Texas should dominate this game for all four quarters. I look for Texas to continue what it started on offense last week with Gilbert running the ball on occasion and throwing it deep, especially against a shorter secondary today. Malcolm Williams and Mike Davis should shine in the passing game. I think Fozzy will get things rolling early on the ground. I expect to see more DJ Monroe this week, and then the hammer, Cody Johnson taking it home in the 4th quarter. The Texas defense has a legit shot at a shutout today. I would love to see that. I'll call it Texas 45-3.

Hook'em!

PS- Great job by Colt McCoy last week. I'm looking forward to watching him again tomorrow against the Saints. Also sending out good thoughts to VY for a speedy recovery. As VY Says "Say I won't!"

No comments:

Post a Comment