Friday, September 17, 2010

College Football: Week 3

Round 3, here we go.

I'm stoked about the big game in Lubbock between my Longhorn and the Yosemite Sams, bu I'll get to that in a minute.

Top 25 games of note:

Arkansas can start to make it's claim on the SEC this year with a road win over Georgia. I think that will happen.

Tennessee will host, and lose to, Florida this week.

USC will spank Minnesota.

Iowa should go to Arizona State and win.

Quick thoughts about the Big12:

Iowa St and Kansas St play Saturday and I think this is an easy win for KSU.

Colorado takes on Hawaii and I think the Buffs have a shot at this one at home.

Air Force vs ou intrigues me. Air Force is coming off the win over BYU and ou destroyed FSU last week. Since it's in Norman I think the sooners will take this one.

Another game I'm interested in is the Baylor vs TCU match up. I can't believe the line on this game is TCU -21. Baylor is a quality Big 12 program with Robert Griffin III back at the helm, and Art Briles is a quality coach. I think TCU will win this one, but it'll be closer than that line would indicate, and it wouldn't surprise me if BU wins. I'll call it 38-28 TCU.

Nebraska @ Washington: Nebraska has a salty defense and a young QB who has dazzled on the ground the first two weeks. The Huskies boast Jake Locker at QB who many project to be the top QB taken in next year's NFL draft. Washington needs a program defining win, and this could be the opportunity. I think Locker leads the Huskies to a comeback victory in the 4th quarter. 27-24 Huskies.

Texas vs Texas Tech: This is a game I have been waiting for since the moment Michael Crabtree broke the infamous tackle and waltzed in to the end zone to beat Texas in 2008. There is a different cast of characters for both sides. The Texas secondary now boasts 3 seniors and a junior. The rest of the defense is stellar. The Defensive line play has been very solid so far with great contributions from young guys as well as the very talented Sam Acho and Kheeston Randall. The Linebackers are extremely talented. This time around Texas is much younger on offense, with Garrett Gilbert at QB and it's best receiver might be true freshman Mike Davis. I think the Texas running game will get a quick start with Fozzy "walka walka" Whitaker getting the start. He appears to have the best burst of the three backs and has the potential to break some long runs. Newton and Johnson should get some quality carries as well.

Tech's offense will still be strong and their revamped defense will be very aggressive. I still like my Horns in this win. They should win it 38-28.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment